This blog is in response to many Mums who have contacted me requesting a simple EM to-do list for priorities during pregnancy. In the previous blogs we explored the importance of grounding, hydration, and balancing the yin meridians in order to nourish the whole-body system. (You can view them in the index on the right of the homepage)
1. Rest well, love well, be happy. I know, I know, this is not really an EM technique, but it is of primary importance for you as you move through your pregnancy. Spend time with your partner, look after yourself and don’t try to be superwoman; it really doesn’t benefit you, your baby or your family. When you feel like things are too busy or you are losing that balance then work with the heart exercises suggested in my recent blog ‘Supporting your yin energies during pregnancy’.
2. Keep Penetrating Flow activated. Our penetrating flow wraps the uterus, carrying emotions and energy deep into our whole-body system. Our thoughts, feelings, sexuality and vitality depend greatly on the health of the penetrating flow. You can watch how to trace the penetrating flow here.
3. Keep the Spleen organ meridian system strong. You can flush spleen, regularly tap the acupoints at the end of the Spleen meridian (Spleen 21), hold the Spleen strengthening points and do exercises such as Connecting Heaven and Earth. Focus on supporting spleen in some way at least 5 times a day. It is great to do when you begin to feel tired. There are videos in my youtube channel that show you how to do all of these exercises. For an overview of spleen support you can watch this.
4. Hook up several times a day. Your governing and central meridians go all the way up the front and back of your body, forming a loop that encircles your body, your chakras and where the baby is growing. When they cease to operate as a connected loop then all of this area is less protected and more exposed energetically. This can cause tiredness, emotional upset and even dizziness.
5. Do the Daily Energy Routine. For the 6 or 7 minutes it takes it is so worth it. This routine keeps all of your energies connected and really smoothes out the kinks that daily living can through our way. As the pregnancy progresses, if you can find the time then do the DER 2 a day.
6. Womb weaving. This exercise deeply nourishes the energy of the first and second chakras as well as activating the Penetrating Flow. It really charges the lower dantien so that Mum has more energy and the baby is bathed in loving, grounded, health. Fabulous! You can do it with me on my YouTube Channel here.
I hope this is useful. Enjoy your pregnancy.
With love, Prune